Low-income and working people should have access to supports that provide a basic level of economic stability. Often there are barriers to individuals, families, and children receiving much-needed safety net programs which provide crucial support for basic needs and help lift people out of poverty. We work to ensure those who qualify receive the public supports they need.
We are here to help.
If you are experiencing legal issues with obtaining or related to public benefits, please apply here for free legal services or call (877) 777-6152.
Public benefits encompass a variety of programs:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Safety Net Assistance (SNA)
- Temporary and/or Emergency Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition program (SNAP aka food stamps)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- New York State Supplement Program (SSP)
- Social Security
- Social Security Disability (SSDI)
- New York State Disability
- Childcare Assistance
- Medicaid and CHIP